The Uganda Child Cancer Foundation (UCCF) is a Non-government organization that was founded mainly by the Uganda Cancer Institute staff, parents of children with cancer, and other concerned individuals. It was formed to support children and young persons suffering from cancer in Uganda, by providing direct treatment and social support to children made vulnerable by limited resources, and to advocate for cancer control and management.
Each year, we provide much needed support to more than 1000 children with cancer and their families, including financial, psychosocial and treatment support. Our focus on outreach and awareness has also allowed us to reach tens of thousands of people across Uganda with knowledge and education about cancer control and management.
Our strategic direction: The impact we want to have
While we have achieved a lot, there is much more we can do to help the patients and to raise awareness about cancer, UCCF has the following goals for our future work:
- To raise awareness about cancer and to create a platform for access to quality information
- To support children affected by cancer and their families.
- To mobilize resources for appropriate cancer care, services and treatment
- To Support/ invest on research related programs directly or indirectly, through close collaboration with key stakeholders in cancer control.
- To mentor and build the generation of young people who care about NCDs and are volunteer driven and want to promote healthy lives in their communities.